1 – Personal information
Name: Goussev (scientific: Gusev)
First name: Vitali (scientific: Vitalyi)
Position: Professor (Le Mans Université, Le Mans, France)
Class: Distinguished Professor of the second (highest) level (2009 - …)
Scientific discipline: Acoustics. Section of the National Committee of the Universities (CNU): 60
Laboratoire d’Acoustique de l’Université du Mans (LAUM): UMR CNRS 6613,
Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, av. O. Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans, e-mail: email@example.com
2 – Scientific degrees, education, employment
1997 Habilitation, Maine University, Le Mans, France.
1992 Habilitation (Physics and Mathematics, Laser Physics), Moscow State University, Russia.
1982 PhD (Physics and Mathematics, Acoustics), Moscow State University, Russia.
1979 M.A. (Master = Bac+5,5), Physics (Radio-physics), Moscow State University, Russia
1998- Professor, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Ingénieurs du Mans (ENSIM), Université du Maine, Le Mans, France
1990-1998 Associate Professor, International Laser Centre, Moscow State University, Russia
1979-1990 Assistant, then researcher, then Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Moscow State University, Russia
2000, 2002, 2007,
2011, 2012, 2015, 2018, 2020 Fellowship of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
1993-1995, 2001 Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Department of Physical Chemistry, Université de Heidelberg,
1992-1993 International Scientific Exchange Award from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Université de Toronto, Canada
3 – Memberships in scientific committees (2007-2020)
- International Advisory Board of the International Congress on Ultrasonics (2008 - …)
- Advisory/Scientific Committee of the International Conferences on Photoacoustic and Photothermal Phenomena (2008 -…)
- International Scientific Committee: International Conference on the Emerging Technologies in Quantitative Nondestructive Testing,
Germany (2007), Greece (2011), Belgium (2015)
- International Scientific Committee: International Conference on Laser Ultrasonics, Canada (2008), France (2010), Japan (2013), USA
(2015), Austria (2017)
- Program Committee: International Conference on Phonon Scattering in Condensed Matter, France (2007), Taiwan (2010), USA (2012)
4 – Memberships in editorial boards
- International journals “Applied Sciences” (2016 - ), “Scientific Reports” (2017 - ) and “Photoacoustics” (2019 - ).
5 – Domains of research:
Nonlinear acoustics, thermo-acoustics, laser ultrasonics, photoacoustics, interaction of laser radiation with matter, laser-induced ultrafast phenomena, physics of semiconductors and nanomaterials, acoustic metamaterials
6 – Publications (link to the publication list)
- 335 scientific publications in the reviewed journals (15 Physical Review Letters); 3 patents).
- Co-author of the book: "Laser Optoacoustics" (V. Gusev et A. Karabutov, Nauka, Moscou, Russia, 1991); Translated into English by American Institute of Physics, New-York, USA, 1993.
- Co-author of the 4 chapters in the book: “Matériaux et Acoustique”, edited by M. Bruneau and C. Potel, Volume 2, Chapter 2, et Volume 3,
Chapter 2 (Lavoisier, Paris, 2006); Translated into English: “Materials and Acoustics Handbook” (ISTE-Wiley, London, New-York, 2009);
Chapter 21, in Universality of Nonclassical Nonlinearity. Applications to Non-Destructive Evaluations and Ultrasonics, edited by P. P. Delsanto (Springer, New York, 2006); and Chapter 6 in Measurement of Nonlinear Ultrasonic Characteristics (Springer Series in Measurement Science and Technology, edited by Kyung-Young Jhang, Springer Nature Singapore, 2020).
Awards and honours
2016 Fellow of the Americain Physical Society
2013 Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America
2010 Gay – Lussac Humboldt Research Award (“in recognition of lifetime achievements in research”)
2009 Knight in the Order of Academic Palms (Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Palmes Academiques)
2007 French Medal of the French Acoustical Society
2006 Senior Member of the Institute of French Universities
2004 Senior Prize of International Photoacoustic and Photothermal Association: « for extensive outstanding theoretical contributions to the field of ultrafast photothermal processes in materials comprising acousto-electronic properties of semiconductors, laser-based ultrasonic pulse generation, and carrier-phonon interaction. »
1994 Award from International Science Foundation (the impact factor of publications was evaluated to be in the top category)
1987 Lenin Comsomol Prize in Science and Technology, Physics (Nonlinear Acoustics), Russia: highest award for the young researchers in the former Soviet Union